Location: Flexible (Washington, DC or Oakland, CA preferred, but could be remote)
Reports to: National Communications Director
Start Date: ASAP – position open until filled
Position type: Full time
The Alliance for Safety and Justice (ASJ) is a new national organization working with state-based partners to replace wasteful prison spending with new safety solutions rooted in prevention and community health. ASJ brings capacity and expertise in alliance-building, issue education, and policy advocacy to its state-based campaigns to advance policy reforms that will significantly reduce incarceration rates and racial disparities in the criminal justice system. ASJ is committed to both reforming state justice systems and empowering the communities most harmed by concentrated crime and over-incarceration.
ASJ is hiring a full-time Digital Manager to manage the organization’s digital presence and lead its expansion of a online platform to connect and support crime survivors in key states and nationwide and help amplify their voices in dialogues around crime and safety. The Digital Manager will provide strategic direction for the organization’s website, social media presence, and creation of high-impact digital content (e.g., videos, memes, infographics, etc.). The Digital Manager will work closely with a collaborative, high-impact team in a start-up organizational culture, reporting to the National Communications Director.
ASJ seeks a creative, innovative, experienced digital strategist with big ideas and a proven track record of building and empowering communities online, successfully sharing messages through a range of digital channels, engaging new supporters, and deepening organizational reach online. The Digital Manager will join a fast-paced team of policy and program staff and consultants working to reform state criminal justice policy and transform the national dialogue on crime and incarceration. The Digital Manager will focus on implementing the digital strategy for a national launch of Crime Survivors for Safety and Justice, a national network of crime victims, and maintain and grow ASJ’s presence online through social media and paid media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of professional experience in online community management, communications, digital advocacy, and/or online organizing
- Strong project management experience (overseeing website development/redesign a plus)
- Prior experience managing or working closely with contractors to develop or maintain websites or online advocacy and list-building campaigns
- Familiarity with criminal justice issues preferred, but not required
- Experience working with diverse communities and a deep commitment to social and racial justice
- Strong experience leading digital campaigns (online advocacy, social media, paid media, etc.) and managing communities online
- Ability to gather helpful insights from Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and other analytics tools
- Ability to frame ideas and synthesize complex policy issues to inform and persuade a range of audiences
- Ability to translate complex ideas and policy issues into accessible and compelling digital content
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and listen and learn from feedback
- Ability to thrive in a busy, multi-tasking, and time-pressured environment
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency using office productivity software, including Microsoft Office
Experience with constituent relationship management and/or digital advocacy tools like Blue State Digital, Salsa, Convio, NGP, Action Kit, MobileCommons, Hustle, ControlShift, etc.
Experience with WordPress and/or other website content management systems
Experience with sophisticated audience segmentation and targeting, in political, non-profit, and/or corporate context
Graphic design and/or video editing experience, including familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Tides Center offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, and annual leave.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with a reference to the job title, “Digital Manager,” in the subject line. Please send a cover letter indicating your match to the stated job requirements; your resume; and an example of digital campaign content you’ve developed in the past (social media content, email action, etc.).
Position open until filled.
The Alliance for Safety and Justice, a project of Tides Center and the sister organization of another Tides Center project, Californians for Safety and Justice, as well as Alliance for Safety and Justice Action Fund, a 501(c)4 project of The Advocacy Fund, is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.